(7 years & up)
A form of dance that is energetic and fun, consisting of unique moves, fancy footwork, big leaps and quick turns. Jazz dance features strong and sharp movements, which are greatly aided by a solid background in ballet technique. Class consists of a thorough warm-up that leads into stretching exercises. Across the floor progressions and center combinations become more complex in technique with each level.
(1 hour to 1-1/2 hour class)
Theatre Dance – Dancers must have strong jazz and tap technique
Students learn original Broadway choreography from jazz and tap styles of musical theatre. This class is designed for the busy theatre students to learn a combination of musical theatre dance, jazz and tap technique in multiple Broadway styles. In the performing business, auditions are your tests, and dance classes are where you study. Whether you are preparing for professional auditions in New York, college auditions, or your next show audition, this class will get you to where you want to be.
Theater Dance will class focus on…
- Establishing strong dance technique
- Increasing strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Learning the dance vocabulary used in musical theatre
- Building musical theatre dance repertoire of Broadway Choreography (a priceless preparation for professional auditions and your career in general)
- Learning both musical theatre and dance history which are incorporated right into the class